Monday, October 29, 2007

First Cold

Daniel caught a cold last week. Tuesday morning was very scary because he really couldn't breathe. After sleeping all night with a humidifier and having nasal drops put in his nose, he still couldn't breathe, so I put him in the bathroom with the hot shower going for 45 minutes. That seemed to help, but only for a little while. I called the doctor as soon as they were open and they had me bring him in. It was just a cold, but his doctor explained that if it turned into an infection, he'd have to be admitted into the hospital. She said that if his temperature went up to 100.5, to take him straight to the ER. That made for a very nerve racking few days.
It's almost a week later, and his nose is still a bit stuffy, but thank God, no fevers or worsening symptoms.

I feel terrible for having taken him out and now I've decided to barracade us in the house for the next few weeks. No outings. No nonfamily visitors.

No comments: