Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Milestones

Today we had a milestone. Aimee and I went to the grocery store. It may not seem like a big deal, but I have been planning this for about 2 weeks now. Actually, I've been wanting to go for 2 weeks, but my plans were usually cut short by episodes of projectile vomiting, super smeary craps coming out of her diaper, or crying spells. But today, I saw the opportunity and I seized it! Aimee was really well behaved. I think she's starting to get used her to car seat. Thank God!

I had a root canal yesterday and I have come to the conclusion that I would rather give birth to 10 more babies than have another root canal. Can't they give epidurals for anything other than baby having? I always prided myself on having a high tolerance for pain, but now I see that I'm really just a big wuss. I'm actually considering going to one of those places where they knock you out for dental procedures. Just the memory of it is painful. I guess I can add that to my list of experiences to draw on when I need courage.

Here's the list so far,

1. Getting hit by a car
2. Driving through one of the worst snow storms in NW Indiana history
3. Getting arrested for reckless driving
4. Traveling to Mexico by bus
5. Having a baby
6. Root canal
7. Taking Aimee to Dominick's by myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite the list you have their Lizzie! I think "grocery store with newborn" is the scarriest sounding one myself.

Anonymous said...

hey liz, its funny, but small things like solo trips to the grocery are acts of heroic proportions when you are as depleted as a new mother often is. congrats on the victory.

Lunatic Biker said...

8. Dealing with my mother-in-law.