Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hello old friend!

So it's been a while since I've posted. My company has entered the busiest six months we'll probably ever have and today was day 10 of working without a day off. (By the way, if anyone with Medicare needs me to help them figure out the changes that are taking effect in 06, give me a call or drop me a line. I've been giving seminars on this stuff and I have an insurance license so I know what I'm talking about...kind of). I've taken Aimee to work with me 3 days out of the 10, and I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon. I was supposed to just go and set up for a health fair at 8 am, and then return at noon to break it down. By then, Brian would be home from work and he'd take care of Aimee. The agent that was supposed to meet me there didn't show until 10 am. Being the only insurance company, and the very first vendor at the event, Aimee and I were left to deal with all the senior citizens swarming the table... all wanting info and freebies. She did very well for the first 1/2 hour, but she was WAY past her nap time and she started to cry. The people didn't really care that she was crying and they wanted their questions answered. Random Grandpa's and Grandma's were touching her cheeks and one guy actually had the nerve to take her thumb out of her mouth and say "Cut that out little girl!" Doesn't he know what will happen if you take a baby's thumb out of their mouth! All hell breaks loose in my house!

I don't mind that Aimee sucks her thumb. It gives her a sense of comfort and a sense of control over her wobbly little body. My mom and I had this discussion already. And yes, I witnessed my sister's expensive and sometimes painful orthodontic treatments. But listen, most babies do it, and research shows that most stop by the age of 3. Anyway, I don't appreciate some stranger coming up to my baby and telling her that the only thing that is comforting her at the moment is wrong. It's none of your business buddy! Besides, did you even wash your hands before touching my baby?

1 comment:

Yoli said...

Dude, what is it with older people thinking they can just touch or grab whoever they want? I was at shul with a friend of mine and was wearing a sweatshirt, but took it off b/c it was hot in the building. I was wearing a t-shirt underneath that only partially concealed my tattoo. This man noticed it out of the cornor of his eye, picked up the sleeve and was all, "What's this mean?" while drawing his finger over the design. I was polite, but he could tell I didn't want him touching me. Yeesh!