Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Waiting...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted. Life has been really busy lately and it's really hard to find both the time and emotional energy to write anything interesting.

Aimee keeps doing this teething thing, but no teeth! She has been uncharacteristically grumpy, whinny, and frequently stops in the middle of whatever she's doing to whine and want to snuggle (I really like that part). She is noticeably thinner because she hasn't been wanting to eat the last few days. I've been giving her extra bottles of formula and I've been eating apples in front of her to tempt her, then putting a chunk in her baby feeder so that she'd have a little something.
This weekend, Brian was the one that bought the baby food and he bought her some fruit/meat combination dinners. I never would have chosen them because I give her fruit in the morning and want her to have veggies with dinner. It must have been providence because not only did she eat the fruit/meat combo. She LOVED it and ate all of it. I also gave her some veggies and she ate that too.

Yesterday, she decided to have a tantrum at dinner and she showered me and the whole kitchen with baby food. Then she wanted out of her chair and into my arms. So snuggle she did and in the process smeared me with chicken and apples and zucchini. I guess I should make it a habit to wear t-shirts when I feed her.

Every morning I wake up and hope for a tooth. It reminds me of when I went past my due date. Every morning I'd wake up and hope I was in labor. Well, the tooth will come when it's ready, just like Aimee did. In the mean time, I have to be patient with her, just like Brian was with me.

No comments: