Friday, February 10, 2006

24 Hours

For the past few months I've been fighting with time. I keep trying to grab onto the day's hours, but they keep slipping away from me! Those sneaky little suckers! I end the day asking myself, "Where did the time go?" Aimee turns 8 months today, and as people make remarks about her losing her baby face and looking more like a toddler, I wonder "Why does it have to go by so fast?". I become paralyzed with the thought that time will not stand still for me to enjoy her. She will keep getting older and more independant and before I know it, she'll be 10.

It's true that everything changes when you have a kid. You experience emotion more deeply, it's easy to lose yourself in your new identity as a parent, and you grieve the hours that ran away from you before you had a chance to truly seize them.

There have been a few things on my list of things that I want to accomplish. Spend time with friends, organize our office, work on decorating the house, work out, teach Aimee everything I can about life.

There's only 24 hours in a day. I'm going to use them wisely.

No comments: