Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cabin Fever

Aimee has been fighting a virus since the weekend and it turned into an ear infection. I've only had one in my entire life and it hurt like hell. My little princess baby cried her little lungs out last night til 12:30 am and all I could do was hold her and pray. She slept most of the day today. She woke up long enough for us to take her for a doctor's appointment in the other side of town. There is really something going around because the clinic we usually take her to (that's 2 minutes from our house) was completely booked.

This week was supposed to be pretty busy work wise, and my gem of a boss agreed to take care of all of my apointments. On Monday I was supposed to visit a doctor in Elgin and bring their staff lunch. I thought I'd call their office to confirm the number of people I was ordering lunch for and was informed that the meeting was scheduled for TODAY. My boss was half way there already. I nearly died of shame. His response? "DON'T WORRRRRY ABOUUUT ITTT!" Brian and I are so greatful that we work for good people. We've both had our run-ins with bad bosses (one of my old bosses borrowed 100 bucks from me right before he was fired and never paid it back!) so we know how to appreciate what we have.

Let's hope that tomorrow Aimee will feel better.

No comments: