Thursday, February 16, 2006

My "mundane details of my life" post

I'm feeling better. It was one of those 24 hour deals.

I had a few appointments for work today. Suffered through a pretty nasty bout of "working mommy" guilt that pretty much left me without the will to do anything when I got home. Brian read my mind and called to let me know he was picking up dinner on his way home from work.

I spent the rest of the evening with Aimee asleep on my shoulder. I finally (reluctantly) laid her in her crib and spent the rest of the evening doing the expense reports that I was supposed to turn in before the end of the year. I'm fearing the strongly worded email I'm sure to get sometime on Monday from the Chief Financial Officer.

I can't wait for tomorrow to be over. I have an important meeting with my boss and an executive from one of the hospitals that I work with. One of the nice things of not being in management anymore is that these types of meetings are few and far between. The bad thing is that when they do happen, I feel out of place and out of practice.

I'm looking forward to having Brian's family over on Saturday. Brian's Uncle is here from Minneapolis. It seems that he's established a certain degree of noteriety out there for his writing and riding abilities. He's been sober as long as Aimee has been alive and it will be fun to see them togather.

No comments: