Friday, October 06, 2006

A post with actual writing!

It's been difficult for me to sit down and actually write. First of all, it's hard to type with a clingy toddler on your lap. Secondly, it's becoming increasingly difficult to finish a thought, much less write a sentence you'd be comfortable lettng your friends and family read, with a clingy toddler on your lap. Thirdly, as we settle into life without visiting relatives it really is difficult to find time. I find myself working from the time I wake up in the morning until the moment when I put Brian's lunch cooler in the fridge (which marks the official end of my work day).

How are things? Great actually. I am enjoying being home with Aimee very much. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with her. She's a fun toddler. She's vocal, energetic, demanding, and happy. She loves animals and squeals anytime we see one. She loves her baby and loves taking things out of containers and then putting them (halfway) back. She likes music very much and her new favorite place is the soft-play area in the mall. We spent almost 2 hours there yesterday and Brian took her back after dinner while I went to my Weight Watcher's meeting.

Our life is so different now than it was a year ago and I welcome it so much. I am a very different person now. I'm more confident, less anxious, comfortable in my skin, less apologetic. I guess I'm really starting to feel...grown up.

1 comment:

E. Michelle said...

hmmm. what a great post. You sound as if you are actually more like the woman I always suspected you to be...