Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lots of events this week.

1. We have 2 more teeth. That's a grand total of 8. Most kids her age already have a full set. She can keep up with the best of them though, eating just about anything you put in front of her. Her favorite "sneak" food that she only get's when visiting my mother's house? Chicharones. Gross. If you don't know what that means, it's probably for the better.

2. I am probably going to babysit my friend's baby 2 days a week. We did a small trial run yesterday and it was lots of fun! Aimee spent the day hugging and petting him. No jealousy except for when I had to change him at the same time that she woke up from her nap and she didn't get her usual post-wake up cuddle time until after the diaper was changed.

3. I start my consulting gig with my previous employer today. It's just 3 days a month for the next three months. I'm a little nervous about leaving Aimee with a new sitter and about getting to work on time today. The new sitter is a friend that we visit every week for a small playgroup. She is a professional nanny and I'm sure she will do fine. I just don't want Aimee to be upset that I'm not going to stay to play with her. I'm starting to regret having accepted this contract. Hopefully, I'll feel differently at the end of the day when my friend tells me that Aimee didn't even miss me. (hope hope).

4. My sister Stephanie leaves for a semester in Spain in less than 2 months. I feel sick with anxiety just thinking about it.

5. We are cleaning out some of the garage and posted a sale announcement on Craig's list. We've gotten a pretty good response so far. Hopefully, we'll sell lots of stuff and Brian will be able to get the mack-daddy penthouse shed he wants this spring.

No comments: