Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Growing Up...

This weekend turned out to be really great. I had friends over both Saturday and Sunday. They are both friends that until recently, we had gone years without talking to. After lots of preparation that included: thinking, praying, and blogging; I had the opportunity to really share my heart with my competitive friend. It felt wonderful to speak in truth and feel understood. I am learning that an important step in order to grow up is to have courage to lovingly and with a tender heart be able to confront someone that you care about.

Another vital step in growing up is to accept responsibility and to be able to ask for forgiveness. Brian and I did that with some friends we were estranged from for several years. After asking for forgiveness, the friendships have picked up right where they left off.

I want to grow up because if I don't, Aimee won't have the mother I want for her. It is good that now, I will be able to tell her a little more about what it takes to be a true friend.

1 comment:

E. Michelle said...

a minister of reconciliation- you.