Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fashionista


Ever since knowing the Hardy Family, an awesome family that was part of my mom's church for several years as the dad served as our youth pastor, I said that when I had kids I'd let them wear whatever they wanted. Visions of little 4 year old Caleb in his shorts and oversized cowboy boots usually come to mind when I think of them.

I've been looking forward to the day when Aimee would have an opinon about what she'd wear for a long time. That day has finally come. Over the past few weeks, Aimee's clothing selections started with her shoes. She started with only wanting to wear 1 sock and no shoes, then she discovered the hand-me-down moon boots I had been storing. She loved the boots, but again, would only wear one sock and one moon boot on her left foot, leaving the right foot bare.
Next came her obsession with hooded shirts. On one ocassion she picked out the hooded terry cloth robe that came with her bathing suit. She wore it all day. Even to the grocery store.
Then a few days later, she rediscovered a hoodie sweatshirt she used to wear when she was around nine months old. She had me help her put it on and it looked like one of those half sweaters that are in style now. Then she had me cover it up with another hoodie that I keep on the door for when the house gets a little chilly. She wore both sweaters all day, in 75 degree weather. Wouldn't let me take them off.
Today it was a cute sparkly pink hand-me-down one piece bathing suit. We put it on right over her pants and grey long sleaved t-shirt from Stephanie, the one that has the ice skates on it. She looked kind of like a wrestler.
Having a child with opinions is pretty fun.


2 comments:

stephanie said...

awww i love the hardys and aimee too. yesturday at the beach in portugal, i told my friends about how we wanted you to name your children something like ¨jesus wroblewski¨

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAT LIZ!