Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summertime

Summertime with a 2 year old is freaking awesome. I am having so much fun with Aimee right now. Our days are spent going to the pool with friends, climbing the jungle gym at the park, visits to the library, playing in the backyard, going to the zoo, playdates, and on the days that it's really really hot...laying on the couch watching Sesame Street. Days with Aimee are fun and interesting. She routinely surprises me with her newly acquired vocabulary and level of understanding.

Some of the things that have just rocked my world are...

  • When I lay on the couch and close my eyes, she will come up to me and caress my face and kiss me, or tell Remmy and her baby to "shhhhh....mommy sleep, mommy nap".
  • She asks me to take her places or to do things, "Go zoo? Go Play? Read Book?"
  • She asks for people, "Daddy Home?, Tia Yoyi? Grace? Britain? (her best friend).
  • Finally connecting the dots that when I sing the Clean Up Song and pick up her toys, she can help. She sings the song and HELPS CLEAN UP!
  • Sincerely saying "Thank You, Mommy" without being prompted at completely appropriate times.
  • Saying "Bless You" when people sneeze.
  • Knowing that we don't eat or go to sleep until we bow our heads and say "Amen". She's actually reminded us of it a few times.
  • Saying "Wow! Cool!" and knowing what it means.
  • Kissing my belly when I tell her that there is a baby in there and it's her little brother who is going to live with us. (Yes, I said Brother, It's a BOY!).

This is definitely my favorite time, ever...

No comments: