Monday, October 22, 2007

Fiberglass pony...

Grandma Carol and Aimee riding the Train at Sonny Acres
Sonny Acres Pony Ride






I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, especially for Aimee. Aimee needs to leave the house just as much as I do, our sanity depends on our fun outings. Today, I decided that we'd go for a Pony Ride to Sonny Acres with my mom, who is staying with us for a few days. It is my policy to not tell Aimee where we are going until we are almost there. I don't want her to be dissapointed if we have to turn around or cancel for whatever reason. Too many times where my dad SWORE up and down that we were going to Six Flags Great America, when in reality we were just going to buy lottery tickets I guess. I checked the weather several times to make sure that it would be a good day. So today, I broke my policy and out of desperation, to get her to take a nap, I told her that if she napped we'd go ride horsies after she woke up. The day was beautiful at 11 am. It was Sunny and almost warm.


Then she woke up from her nap. "GOING TO RIDE HORSIES!", were the first words she said when she woke up. Then I realized that the sunny sky was now overcast, and the almost warm air turned cold, and it was sprinkling rain. Crap. Now what? So I told her we were going to ride the pretend horsies at the mall. All she heard was "Horsies". Now I should probably tell you that last week, on a perfect day, her Grandma Carol and Aunt Mona took us to Sonny Acres and she indeed rode the Horsies and she LOVED every second of it. So I was a little more than nervous that she would freak out when she realized that we were going to ride fiberglass horsies and not the real thing.


So off to the mall we went. We headed straight for the Carusel in the center of the mall, and she LOVED it. She enjoyed it so much she actually made a scene and the people around us, including the operator, couldn't help but smile every time we came around.


The second part of our trip was not as successful. My mom was dealing with a mini emergency, while Aimee decided that today would be the perfect day to become "That Kid" in the play area that bullies a smaller kid. Then the baby started crying and rather than nurse in the middle of the mall, or spent an hour getting him to drink a bottle, I decided to go home. Aimee protested until we reached the door of the mall. I really tried to hold it togather, and my mom was really supportive, but I realize that this going out with TWO kids deal is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

3 comments:

Yoli said...

Aw! I feel like I added to the stress by not being able to answer the phone. I'm sorry Lizmw. I owe you guys an outing.

stephanie said...

aimee looks more like you did when you were a baby everyday. i think you should recreate the picture of you and vero. it would be soo cute. you should fly monica in for it.

little lizz and little vero....

bibi leche mama!

Yoli said...

How's Daniel feeling today? How are YOU feeling today?