Monday, October 15, 2007

Seriously...

The baby and I are sleeping in a different room from Brian because Brian's job is to program machines that could seriously hurt him if he makes a mistake. In other words...he needs to be well rested so he doesn't kill himself or anyone else at work.

Before I had Daniel, I stayed up at night worrying about how I'd make it through the 3 week recovery period if I had a c-section. That was a breeze. My mom was here, when she wasn't here, my in-laws came over. I physically recovered rather quickly, and it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as it was when I had Aimee.

I've had 2 hours of sleep tonight. Brian's alarm is going off, and I'll just wait for him to go to work to go to sleep. Aimee will be up 2-3 hours after that. I did not, in any way, anticipate how incredibly difficult these short period of my life would be. I am hopeful that in 3 more weeks, Daniel will start to sleep longer through the night (Aimee started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old). Until then, I am going to use prayer to help me get through the days, because taking care of a demanding 2 year old can be a real test of will and perserverance on 4 hours of sleep that were attained an hour at a time.

Also...I've decided to give into the technological revolution and I'm going to save up for an Ipod. I'll probably get a nano since I don't think I'll need to store 10,000 songs in my lifetime. Does anyone know if you can use a dock thingy with a nano?

6 comments:

Yoli said...

You can use a dock. You just have to make sure you get the right one. Stereo compatibility comes into play...

Anonymous said...

Liz, Robin has an old I POd Nano that she is'nt using. If you want it ,you can have it.

Lizzie W. said...

WOW! That's very generous! Let's talk about it. I'd like to give her something for it. $? or ITunes cards perhaps? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Robin said that she does'nt want anything for it ,but feel free to buy her a carmel apple from Sunny Acres.

Anonymous said...

Lizzie:

Yo no tengo un Ipod; pero sí voy a orar porque puedas dormir y descansar más.
Te quiero mucho.
Yo

Lunatic Biker said...

She can have Ma's old 8 track.