Friday, December 28, 2007

Growing up...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having kids makes time go by faster, and as a mom, you just want it to stop so that you can hold your sweet baby a little longer.

Daniel slept in his big crib last night and today is his second night sleeping in his own room. I didn't want to take him out of his little basinette. I don't want him to be 20 feet away instead of 5 feet away.

Aimee has figured out that my name is not just "Mommy", so sometimes she calls me "Wizzy" if I don't respond right away to "Mommy". I know I should correct her, but it's just so darn cute to hear her say "Wizzy! Where are you?" She also saw an Elmo's World episode about Helping, so now when she gets herself in precarious situations, instead of crying she calls out, "Heyelp! Heyelp!". She tested it out first by throwing herself on the floor to see if I'd come and help her up.

Ever since helping me bake Christmas cookies, she wants to help prepare every meal. Today she went to the pantry and took out a can of soup and a package of tic tacs and said, "I help cooking today mommy."

Daniel is amazed by his new mobile that projects really cool patterns and plays really sweet, non annoying music that he got for Christmas, I think it's pretty cool too.

Aimee was really excited about opening presents this year and has been spending the day playing with new toys. She puts on all 152 bracelets that my mom got her on one arm, picks up a hammer from a toy tool set that both She and Daniel got from the inlaws, and walks around the house hammering everything from the wall, to the oven, to the tables. She is really excited to go to the Dells this weekend and keeps saying, "Going Swimming after tomorrow".

3 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

Hey Wizzy, how about some Christmas pictures.

Aida said...

that is cute! have fun swimming! I hope this comment goes thru! It hardly works for me ...

Anonymous said...

Yes wizzy, i second lunatic biker, post some Christmas pictures.