Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Milestones Schmilestones.

My little baby Daniel is offically on a sleeping schedule. That means that he is taking regular naps during the day that last more than an hour, and he is going to bed for the night between 6:30-7:30 pm. It's something that most parents look forward to. It's great to have well rested kids, time to do things at night, and quality time with Brian. However, this is not a celebration post.

Even though I was so sleep deprived and couldn't wait to get him on a sleep schedule, I am so heartbroken that this has finally become a reality. I couldn't put it off any longer though. Daniel was sleep deprived too and he was suffering. Last Saturday, Brian stayed up with him until 3 am. Daniel cried the entire time and I wouldn't be surprised if Brian didn't shed a few tears himself. It had to be done, more for Daniel's sake than mine.

I already miss holding him in my arms all night while he drifted in and out of sleep. I miss looking at his little lips forming a "sleep pout" and feeling his warm little leg draped over my arm. It's the beginning of his independance and I am a little bit devistated.

2 comments:

Aida said...

the key words here are: "quality time with Brian". and don't worry, once the baby starts walkin' & climbin; is when his REAL "independence" begins.....

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, You can still see that sleep pout when checking on him at nap time and I bet the little guy will still like cuddle time with you. It's still tough to give up that time though.