Friday, February 15, 2008

Belated

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I had a root canal yesterday. We did have a good day, however. My mom was able to come over to take care of the kids and I was able to run some important errands after the root canal. Aimee made Brian and I a Valentine's day card while I was gone and when I came home we all made cupcakes togather. Aimee ate a whole bowl of frosting and like 4 cupcakes. (So much for not letting her eat too much sugar!) Brian and I ended up going out to dinner at the last minute, since my mom stayed later. We have a tradition of always going to the most GHETTO places for V-day dinner. It didn't start out that way, we'd just get frustrated by the 3 hour waits at other restaurants. The one year we thought we'd beat the waits by making reservations at a really nice restaurant, we ended up waiting 2 hours anyway.

Some of the trashy places we've been to include: Miner-Dunn in Indiana, (Dirty burger joint) Steak and Shake, Denny's, I think one year we just got Harold's chicken. This year, we went to a place that we always joked about going to called The Fox Restaurant. It looks really dirty from the outside, so we thought it would be the perfect place for Valentine's day. It turns out that it's actually pretty clean. The food wasn't bad. Perfect Valentine's day.

3 comments:

Yoli said...

mom gave me that portillos hot dog. I wasn't sure if it was a joke from my puke blog, but either way it put a smile on my face. I've yet to eat it though. thanks.

Lizzie W. said...

It was a joke... But those Portillo's hot dogs are really tasty so enjoy!

Yoli said...

I don't think I'm gonna be able to eat it yo. So I won't feel bad about not eating it. Loser.