Sunday, March 01, 2009

Updates

I havn't had much time to blog lately. Danny gave up his morning nap so I have much less time to be on the computer, but it's AWESOME because now we can do stuff in the morning. I'm totally excited about having the mornings for outings instead of being stuck in the house. I already signed Danny and me up for a class at the library that meets once a week while Aimee is in pre-school. So fun!

I'll finish the story about Aimee at the zoo. Here's a quick version of what happened. Aimee had been climbing and jumping in the baby play area. Technically, she shouldn't have been doing that, but I let her because there was only one other baby besides Danny and she wasn't doing it near them. All of a sudden, the place was full of babies and three other girls that were there with a field trip joined in on the climbing and jumping action. I told Aimee to stop it and explained that it wasn't safe with all the babies. Aimee and two of the girls stopped, but one didn't. The girl that didn't stop climbed onto a pretend log that was right in front of Aimee. Aimee tried climbing as well, but I stopped her. Aimee stood there looking at the little girl. The little girl (about 4 years old) stopped climbing, got right in her face, and said, "What? Do you want to fight me because I'm climbing?". Right then the chaperone called them to move on to the next location. It made me think about when I was a kid. I am the oldest and I was raised to be kind and respectful. When I encountered kids with attitude, I was just lost and didn't know how to react. I'll have to figure out how I'm going to prepare Aimee for that kind of stuff.

Brian was laid off on Friday. We had a feeling it was going to happen. The company he was working for is all but shutting down. From 120 employees last month to about 20-30 in March.
We are hoping to hear good news this week from the other company he interviewed with in January. Keep us in your prayers. We are hopeful.

4 comments:

Yoli said...

Teach Aimee to say, "BACK UP! BACK UP! Mind you're business that's all. Just mind your business!" If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Lizzie W. said...

Every time I read this, it makes me laugh. Too funny.

Yoli said...

Who knew the Fresh Prince would stay relevant for so many years?

cathy wisor said...

spent time reading (sometimes scanning, sometimes reading) this online blog all the way back to the first post in 2005...feels like i have kind of caught up with you without even talking to you...kinda awsome AND a great thing to do for your children to rea when they grow up...you always had such great ideas!