Thursday, July 20, 2006

Disconnected

A billboard informed me yesterday that a highschool classmate of mine was murdered 2 years ago. I was driving home and there, right off of the highway, was a reward for information leading to the capture of his killer. Today, after some google-action I found out that one of the person's of interest is another former classmate from the private school I went to for one year. I also discovered that it's been all over the news for the past 2 years. The local newspapers have run a story about it every few months and there's even been TV news reports.

He wasn't a personal friend, but everyone knew him. He was a popular athlete from a well known family. The newspaper article said that he was doing well as a real estate investor. He was the kind of guy that everyone knew would do well in life.

It's really shocking.

1 comment:

E. Michelle said...

wow. that put the furl in my eyebrows. news like that makes the world seem murkier.