Friday, July 21, 2006

Sleep walker

My husband is a sleep walker. Many have heard some of the funny (and scary) stories about the things he's said and done in his sleep. Brian can have full conversations with you in his sleep...sometimes in Spanish. When we were first married, I would try to see if I could "catch" him in anything, like calling me by an ex-girlfriends name or something equally incriminating. Lucky for him (and me) I confirmed time and time again that I am in fact, the only person he thinks about, dreams about, and loves.

Lately Brian's sleepwalking/talking have all been about Aimee. Usually he dreams that Aimee is sleeping in the bed with us and is going to fall, which means that he usually tries to catch her. Since I'm the only person in the bed with him, I'm the one that ends up getting "caught".

So, I am making his sleep walking episodes a regular feature on this blog. I'll start with this one that happened a few nights ago :

Brian: "Can you help me catch Aimee?"
Liz: "Catch her from where?"
Brian: "She's crawling around all over the floor and I can't catch her"
Liz: " Honey, she's laying in her crib sleeping"
Brian: "Are you sure?"
Liz: "Yes honey, I put her there. She's been sleeping all night"
Brian: "Ohhhh. Maybe that's why I can't catch her."

No comments: