Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween!


Hope everyone has a fun day! Aimee is coming down with a cold, so who knows if we'll be able to do anything tomorrow. Today was beautiful and our local coffee shop (The Fat Bean) hosted an awesome dress-up party for a mom's group that I belong to. I was so glad that we were able to go. Aimee had a blast eating the free giant cookie that was loaded with orange frosting and dancing to folk and bluegrass renditions of The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Old MacDonald, and This Land is Your Land.
The little dragon guy in the picture above is Aimee's new friend. His name is Seamus and he startled Aimee and made her cry when he decided that he was going to steal her away and grabbed her arm a little too assertively.

We went back to the Pumpkin farm with a good friend and her kids in the afternoon. Aimee got on the Pony again and stayed on for 2 laps this time.
It was a fun day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope that whilst "this land is your land" was playing you set aimee aside and sternly told her that the truth. haha

Yoli said...

LOL to Tia Steph's comment. Right on sister! In other news, Aimee is too cute!!! I know mom LOVED seeing her yesterday. AND she told me about Aimee's preference for apples versus fries. She once again will not be able to deny she is my niece.

Lizzie W. said...

Promise me you two won't scar my kids the way I scarred you. I know I was a little radical back then, but just think, without my influence, you wouldn't have know about Goya, Botero, or Maya Angelou...at age 5.

stephanie said...

this land is your land, this land is my land, from california..to the new york islands. from the redwood forest, to the golf stream waters....this land was made for you and me!!!!

- i remember not being allowed to sing this song. :(