Sunday, February 11, 2007

All that we have...

I just wanted to share something that I felt God was speaking into my heart a few weeks ago. A few months back, I was being really tempted to not be content with what we have, where we are in life, ect. I was being challanged to want for more when people in my life couldn't agree with my decision to quit my job in order to stay home and "make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". I think it's pretty normal to feel that way after we made the decision that I would put my career on hold during a time when I was doing really well while my friends keep moving up the corporate ladder. Not to mention the fact that our decision meant that we would go from 2 healthy incomes to one. After a few weeks of struggling with these feelings on and off, I began to feel a peace in my heart when I finally came to the following realizations.

  • Everything we have is because God has provided it.
  • God provides it through my Husband's extremely hard work and sacrifice.
  • My discontent DISHONORS both God's gracious provision, as well as my husband's hard work. Discontent is an act of disrespect.

I am happy for what we have. I don't need more. We could live on much much less. These words are said in truth from the core of my being. No struggle. No envy. No need for more. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz:
This is the most humble expression of loving God I have seen lately. You are a true Christian and I admire and respect you as much as I love you.