Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lately...

I've had a lot on my mind lately. I've been a bit scatter brained lately, too unfocused to really think it all through and have produced lots of half finished blog posts that I have ended up deleting. So in the interest of clearing my mind long enough to sleep soundly, I'm writing a list, and maybe I'll get to elaborating on these things some day. But for now, Aimee, these are the things your mama thinks about from time to time.

1. Racism makes me want to vomit. It's dehumanizing and 100% of the devil.

2. Politics these days are surreal. I'm back to being a democrat. I know that Jesus Christ wasn't a Democrat OR a Republican, but I seriously doubt that he'd approve of using homophobia or racism to smoke-screen the issues that we really needed to address this past election. I was sick to my stomach when all this anti-mexican stuff was going on a few months ago. It made me fear for my family's future. Reminded me of what I learned in history classes about the illegal mass deporations of the 1930's where 1 MILLION Mexicans, many of them American citizens were forced onto trucks and busses and deported to Mexico, no questions asked. Imagine Aimee and I shopping at El Guerro for groceries and being forced on a bus and dropped off in a random town in Mexico. No one knowing what happened to us. No way to notify anyone or return home quickly. It happened. In America. It could happen again.

3. I'll never buy Oberweis products. Ever. Jim Oberweis fits in the catogory of men that make me want to vomit. He used his money and influence to make commercials that were full of lies. He tried to win a seat on the U.S. Senate by taking a page out of Hitler's playbook. He exaggerated, lied, and blamed the nation's problems on a defenseless minority. Even his own party didn't want to associate with him. Thank GOD Obama won. I don't care if you can't resist the famous $5 milk shake (which I admit is pretty darn good), but he'll never see a penny of our hard earned $.

4. I really need to teach Aimee how to speak Spanish. No Joke.

5. I secretly think that all this Britney Spears craziness is just a publicity stunt to gain public favor for her husband, K-Fed. They get divorced, she goes nuts, he helps her get healthy and not crazy and all of a sudden, the world LOVES K-Fed. Very Smart Mr. and Mrs. Spears. Very Smart.

6. I gave Aimee chicken nuggets for dinner today. To mix things up a little bit, gave her honey instead of ketchup as a dipping sauce. Not one of my brightest ideas. Honey is much harder to get out of hair than ketchup is. BTW: Thanks Grandpa, for teaching her that a bowl can also be used as a hat. Thanks a lot. :-)

7. My Brother in Law and his girlfriend are on vacation on some small Island off the coast of Florida. They are probably sitting on a balcony overlooking the ocean, drinking coffee from the french press coffee maker he packed in his luggage because "once you've tasted good coffee, you can't go back to the bad stuff", trying to decide if they want to swim with dolphins or go deep sea fishing. Sounds good, Paul. But you know what? YOU MISSED PAZCKI DAY! Bet you wish you were home now huh? No? Yeah, me neither.

8. My friend's Grandpa is in the hospital. He's 94. I've known him all my life and I have nothing but deep love and admiration for him. He's a pillar of faith and an example to all of humanity of God's grace and compassion. My family is humbled to be loved by him and his family. We are praying.

No comments: