Thursday, March 08, 2007

Halleluia!

Today, Aimee ate 3 REAL MEALS for the first time in weeks! For the past 3 or 4 weeks, her meals have consisted of a huge bowl of oatmeal for breakfast; fruit, apple sauce, and crackers for lunch; and yogurt for dinner. She has REFUSED to eat anything else...unless it was chicken nuggets coated in ketchup or macaroni and cheese. I have spent weeks preparing up to 3 meals a night for her hoping that something would appeal to her, but she seems to have had something against chewing. Yesterday I decided to that she was going to eat whatever I gave her and if she didn't eat, then she didn't eat. I gave in by dinner time when she was eating the sour cream as if it were yogurt. I gave her a big bowl of yogurt with strawberries.

Today, I almost had a stroke from happiness when she had her oatmeal for breakfast, 3/4 of a Wendy's cheeseburger for lunch (first red meat she's eaten in over a month), and chicken, broccoli, and rice for dinner! Yippee!

1 comment:

Yoli said...

Mmmm...chicken.