Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Annoyed

I think I had a bad parent moment. Our Sunday School classes are taught by a rotating schedule of parents, so each couple only teaches every six weeks. Aimee just joined the 2-3 year old class and she's done really well.

Last week the class was taught by some parents that I really like and respect, but use a parenting philosophy that I would never use. Ever. But it works for them.

My bad parent moment came toward the end of church, when they called us to go pick Aimee up because had been crying on and off the entire time. I was told that she was crying because she was mad.

"Well, I think she just had a little bit of anxiety about us leaving her. She's done really well the past 2 Sundays. I'm surprised she didn't do well this week." was my reply.

"You should really look into taking the class that teaches the parenting method we use. It's done wonders for our family." she said.

"Ok. Thanks for keeping her as long as you did. I appreciate it. See you later!" I said.

Then, then it happened. Aimee asked me for a snack....and she said "Please".

WHAT? OUTRAGE! I've never taught her to say "Please"! She says "Thank You" all day long, but NEVER please.

"Aimee, you say "Please" when Mommy teaches you to say it. For now, you can demand what you want. Next week, we'll learn how to say "Please ok?".

She smiled sweetly after I gave her a mini doughnut. "Thank you, Mommy! MORE!"

Satisfaction....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aimee is a sweetheart and you're doing a wonderful job raising her.I wonder, the adult who took care of Aimee,does she say please everytime she should?