Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In the name of civility...

I'm trying to teach Aimee to be polite and patient. I think it's age appropriate for her to freak out if she doesn't her get MILK! MILK! MILK! MILK! right NOW! But I remember seeing something on 20/20 about a study done on 3 year olds. The researchers gave each kid the choice of one marshmallow right now, or they could have two marshmallows if they waited a few minutes. They followed the kids for 20 years, the children that waited for the two marshmallows turned out to be more successful in life. They had achieved high levels of education, high paying jobs, and stayed out of trouble. While the kids that wanted the instant gratification were worse off in life.

I want Aimee to be a two marshmallow girl. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Yoli said...

I'm sure she'll get there. Sorry I missed you guys today at mom's. Hope to make a trip out there this coming week once I get paid and get my brakes done.

Anonymous said...

You are a good mother. I am so proud of you.