Thursday, December 06, 2007

Stress.

I had the receptionist at the orthodontist tell me that I needed the Super Nanny.

Aimee had a very brief meltdown involving her signature screaming. If you aren't lucky enough to have experienced it, it is blood curdling and you would think that it could cause an earthquake. My sister Stephanie says that when she screams like that in public, people probably think that she has a terrible home life.

I've decided that her meltdown was because the last time we went to the doctor, both her and Daniel got shots and Daniel cried (alot), so she probably thought I was going to be getting a shot too. Once she calmed down, she sat next to me while I got my braces worked on, rubbing my leg and comforting me telling me "It's ok, Mommy. Your fine. It's ok".

The staff in the treatment area could not have been more gracious and understanding, so when I went to schedule my next appointment, I was caught off gaurd by the receptionist commenting on Aimee's screaming and then saying, "Oh, it sounds like you need the Super Nanny." My response was, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" She confirmed what I heard with "Yeah, it sounds like you need Super Nanny." I was really surprised that someone her age (mid 30's) could be so rude and all I could really think to say was, "Um. No not really. I don't think we are there yet."

5 comments:

Yoli said...

Your ability to not "go off" on people who make ignorant/uninformed comments on your family's home life is baffling. I wouldn't have been so nice about it.

Also, props for realizing why Aimee must have been upset. You're such a good mommy. You could ASSIST the Super Nanny.

stephanie said...

i still think you should have responded with, "well i think you need a new face but you dont hear me tellin you to go on extreme makeover, ugly"

Yoli said...

Poor Aimee's Online Album. All neglected and whatnot....

Emily said...

haha people say the worst things. i know i put my foot in my mouth but its normally just awkward no mean. someone told me the other day that nate wasn't going to make in in Vegas. you can say mean things to me but don't be saying it about my man, i wanted to curse at them but since it was a 16 year old high school student in our ministry i thought i might not want to...

Yoli said...

I think Em should take that 16-yr-old along them to Vegas and see how they fare.