Monday, April 28, 2008

31

Tomorrow I turn 31 and for the first time in a looong time, I have so much going on that I completely forgot about it and don't really care about celebrating it.

All of a sudden, life is very busy. I actually offered to coordinate a series of events at my church for women. One a month for the next...however long we decide to keep doing this. The first event is Wednesday, May 14th and I am feeling a little bit of pressure to make it freakin' awesome so that the women that go to it will really be blessed and want to come back for more.

Stephanie graduates this weekend and Brian and I will be traveling sans kids. I am not nervous at all about leaving them with the grandparents, but I know that while it will be amazing to actually ride in a car for more than 30 minutes without having to concede to my little tyrant's demands for control over the music selection, I am going to miss them terribly. I also still need to buy a dress, since the whole weightloss thing hasn't gone so well and I sent all my fat clothes to Mexico when I lost weight after Aimee. I refuse to wear maternity clothes.

I am also in charge of making sure care packages for the college students at our church get put togather and delivered for final's week, so I'm remembering the importance of delegating and I've been calling and emailing people with their tasks.

I don't like drama in my life and I had a disturbing little piece of it last week. I'm not sure how it's going to be resolved, but I think that brutal honesty, prayer, and maybe maturity (I am almost 31 now, you know) have kept me from obsessing and losing sleep over it.

School starts 4 weeks.

God is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eve Lizzie! Being busy is a good thing...don't sweat the small stuff.

Yoli said...

I think you dealt with the drama thing well. I didn't reply to your message, but you go girl. Birthday drinks on me. I guess we're staying in Indy?!?!!?!

Anonymous said...

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Lizzie! Que tengas un día especial lleno de bendiciones.
Te quiero mucho.
Aimée

Aida said...

felicidades prima! don't 4get 2 take ur birth control! teehee!!!

Lizzie W. said...

Aida, I don't know what you are talking about. Brian and I just cuddle. :0