Thursday, May 01, 2008

Gratitude

What luxury to be a middle class stay at home mother and go through periods of discontent. I recently came out of one. It is a natural season in the year's emotional cycle of the SAHM. Some wish for more stuff, others yearn for the stress and praise of corporate life; for me, sometimes it's both. That season ends and enters in a new time of gratitude. My healthy children, appreciative husband, loving family, modest home, living within our means, being in touch with what it means to be in relationship with God; while I survey these things, a great sense of humility and responsibility descends on me. To be born in this time, to live in this land of plenty -- it just seems like a waste if it isn't shared.

I would like to simplify, downsize, take smaller bites and savor each thing intentionally.

No comments: