Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Love Three



This morning, while Aimee was distracted from the TV, I started flipping through the channels and happened upon the 1940 version of one of my favorite movies and books of all time, Pride and Prejudice. (I happen to be reading the book right now). It had just started and since Aimee was distracted and Blue's Clues was not on her mind, I decided to leave it on for a few minutes. When I went to change the channel, she said, "No! I want to watch that! I want to see the princesses!" Just to be clear, she wanted to watch PRIDE and PREJUDICE. The BLACK AND WHITE 1940's VERSION.

I can't even begin to unpack all of the emotions I felt at that moment. Pride. Joy. Glee. Amazement. Satisfaction.

She watched the entire thing with me.

I love LOVE LOVE three.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

shortly thereafter is when she began to kick daniel for no apparent reason right? hahaha. what a little wild stallion.

Yoli said...

further proof that she is my niece. I'd watch the black and white version before the PBS version.