Monday, October 06, 2008

Starting Fresh...

I'm re-starting today. Things have gotten a bit sticky over here in the Wroblewski camp. I'm discovering that no matter how hard I try, I can't insulate my kids (yes, both of them) from my stress. Aimee is head strong and forceful, so you can imagine how she is reacting. I can't offer her an ice cream cone without her having a temper tantrum, so you can imagine how she reacts when I ask her to clean up her toys. Danny is sensitive and perceptive. He can't help but start crying when I'm trying to dicipline Aimee. So from now on, I'm redirecting my nervous energy about school and everything else. I have re-ordered our day. I have armed myself with early morning prayer and meditation and some ideas that I had forgotten about parenting a toddler. Oh, and I stopped spanking. Your prayers and encouragement are appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience is a virtue and keep the faith,it'll all work out in the end.

Yoli said...

Morning Liz time is a great idea. I'm much more likable on days when I take the train to work. It give me more time to wake up and try to center myself. Good luck Lizzie. If you need someone to do evening sitting so you can get homework done, let me know. I usually do most of mine over the weekend. It's worked so far

Love you.