Wednesday, October 22, 2008

update

We've had a great few weeks. Things are looking up in the Wroblewski household. I've been asking lots of people for advice, asking for prayer, and getting back into the grove of focused parenting. Danny is a RIOT. He's learning how to walk and sounding out words. Brian taught him this little yell and he does it ALL DAY. He has a really strong arm and LOVES to whip plates, cups, balls, Remmy's dishes, whatever he can get his hands on.

Aimee has entered into the "why" stage. She must have said the word "why" over 100 times today. I hope it doesn't get old. I hope she never stops asking why. Brian and I want to encourage her to examine everything, question everyone, and form her own opinions.
Dear Lord in heaven, please don't ever let the words, "because I said so" ever come out of my mouth. Please don't ever let my daughter surrender to a mentality that is satisfied with that answer. Give me the wisdom and discernment to guide her into becoming a woman who loves truth and never grows tired of discovering it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dreaded "Why" stage...if I'd had a nickel for everytime Robin asked "why"..well you get the picture. Lizzie, it does get old real fast.

Aida said...

That's so funny cuz Angel asked me yes'day: "Why do u have to go work?" I explained we need money to take him to the movies & to buy food. That was followed by him asking: "why?". I replied "because if we don't eat food, we will be hungry". and u get the idea, every reasonable explanation I gave him was followed by "why".
It is a time that truly tests our patience. But at the same time, we are teaching them & offering them some of the facts of life.

Cuidado con Daniel! He will be learning ALOT frm his big sis. So, again, ten cuidao.
You'll see what I mean despues....