Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Funny things about my kids.

Aimee:

The only way she will sleep is if she has no less than 7 of any combination of : stuffed animals, dolls, books, her princess tent, her new baby carrier that she got for Christmas, stickers, and any other random thing. She also must have a minimum of 3 blankets; teddy blankie, princess sleeping bag, her new princess comforter (also a Christmas gift) are the staples.

Every night when we pray over dinner she thanks God for the egg our neighbor threw at Brian a few weeks ago. (I was in the middle of making cookies when I realized that I was short an egg. Our neighbor threw one at Brian and then gave us a carton of 17 more.)

She gets excited about seeing blood. I know this sounds macabre so let me explain why: Blood = a band aid. She loves band aids. If you didn't know that and saw her reaction to blood, you would think she was a little vampire.


Danny:

His favorite thing to do is to transport a large amount of tiny things from room to room. He takes handfuls of stuff and moves them from the floor in the living room, to the middle of the kitchen floor, to a chair in the breakfast area, to the middle of the playroom. This keeps him entertained for very long periods of time.

He loves to pretend to rock out with his various toy guitars.

He can't live without Aimee, even though she drives him crazy sometimes with her aggressive love. One day he woke up and Aimee wasn't home and all he did was go in and out of her room looking for her.

He can find any area that is suitable for hiding where ever he is, and he will sit there patiently for a looong time until we find him.

6 comments:

Ben said...

I'm glad Aimee appreciated the egg launch... I still laugh about that every time I get an egg out of the fridge.

By the way, your kids are awesome!

Anonymous said...

They are so precious, i love them with all my heart.

Yoli said...

I'm sure Aimee's blood thing will allow us to bond more and more the older she gets. I've got TONS of Tim Burton movies on hand. Danny and I will start a moving company/garage band. Aimee can be our gothed-out groupie.

Lizzie W. said...

To be honest, seeing that she's all about pink and pretty things, the goth thing never really crossed my mind. I really think that it's less about the blood and more about the prospect of the band-aids.

Yoli said...

I know. That is where the funny part comes in. She is SUCH a girly-girl, I doubt she'll ever go goth b/c the clothes aren't colorful, flattering (usually), or en vogue.

Lizzie W. said...

lol :-0 Remind me to tell you about the summer dress at nap time.