Sunday, February 08, 2009

Words...

I see changes in Aimee every day. Her vocabulary astounds me. She uses the words "huge, gross, disgusting, and delicious" and many more phrases that crack me up. She insists that the bathroom door be completely closed when she uses the bathroom. She loves to pretend that she is her pediatrician and has a pretend medical chart that she always writes in and a home made kit complete with pretend syringes (mechanical pencils) and bandaids for giving us flu shots. She knows enough about herself to tell me that she is tired and needs a nap, or that the television is too loud for her ears, or to tell us to "BE QUIET" because her favorite episode of Caillou is on. She insists on being the first person in Daniel's room every morning and always greets him with a cheery, "Gooood Morning Sweet Baby!"

Daniel is growing too. He is having temper tantrums (too cute!), he counts to two as he's going up the stairs, he LOVES playing with balls and cars, and he can actually feed himself with a spoon! He also said "I love you" for the first (and only) time. He said it to Aimee before she took a nap and now refuses to repeat it. He loves pushing the handicap open door button at the community center. He always tries helping me with dishes by closing the dishwasher and is really proud of himself when I let him. He is completely in awe of Brian and almost always prefers his company to anyone elses.

1 comment:

Yoli said...

I remember the first time I heard Aimee speak. She said hi to me. It was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life...and I ain't exaggerating. Can't wait to start having conversations with Danny.