Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm off to make the donuts...

UPDATE:

So today went without a hitch. Woke up at 5:30 am, was ready for work by 6:30 am. Aimee woke up at 6:45 and I had all morning to be with her. I couldn't believe how nervous I became when it was time to strap Aimee into the car seat. When it came time for me to leave the sitter's house to go to the office, I couldn't help myself and I started crying. The sitter cried with me and prayed for my day. My boss is very supportive and didn't expect me in the office until 11 am, then he cut me lose at 3 pm. Aimee did very well today. She slept her usual 3 hours and ate well.

I have a busy month ahead of me, but nothing I don't think I'll be able to manage. Still, I'm just going to take it one day at a time. Thanks to all who prayed for me. It's good to have a community of friends and family join togather in prayer for you.

************************************************************************************

In 12 hours I will be joining the worldwide club of mothers who work. If you are a mother you know what I'm going through right now. This is the moment that I have dreaded since I found out I was pregnant. I have so many thoughts and emotions going around in my head that I can't really untangle them to describe what I'm feeling, except to say that I've never really experienced this kind of sadness. I'm not in dispair. If I didn't know for sure that Aimee would be well taken care of, I would even go back to work. But it's still hard. There's nothing more I can say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is it that we have to share every pivital moment of our lives??? you are starting work and im starting school....ON THE SAME DAY.....geez. anyway i hope your first day turns out alright!

Lizzie W. said...

Thanks Titi Steph. I hope your first day back was great!

Pay attention in your classes!

Anonymous said...

hey Liz,
just wanted you to know I am reading and thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz:

I just want you to realize that going to work and helping Brian in his role as a provider is one of the BEST things you can do for Aimee.It is for her own good. And quality time is what counts. Thank God she is with a good person.
I understand your sadness; you and Aimee have a unique bond...but that bond is made firmer even when you are not together.
She is in good hands. Be strong and enjoy the moment when you have her in your arms again.
Love,
The "other" grandma.