Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Like 10,000 of his babies and a public apology

So here is the thing. I LOVE everything that has to do with being a mom. Even though the initial shock and anxiety was overwhelming at times, I loved being pregnant. I loved the cravings, the tiredness, the vomiting before important meetings...yes even that. I loved feeling Aimee kick, I loved feeling her hiccup in the womb, seeing her on the ultrasound, and feeling her little body squirm inside my belly. I loved going in to labor, being in labor, hearing her cry for the first time, and seeing her little round face. I love the way Stephanie and Yoli treat her, the way my mom and Brian's parents look at her, and how my dad cries whenever he talks about her. I love breastfeeding, burping her, and smelling her stinky diapers.

Now I know why people have large families.

ps. I'd like to issue a public apology to my inlaws. Brian and I forgot (actually Brian forgot, I never knew) my inlaw's 35th anniversary. Yes. I feel like a piece of crap daughter-in-law. They are so overwhelmingly generous with us. They call us regularly to see how we are doing, bring us gifts, buy us dinner, and stock our freezer with specialty meats from Johnny G The Butcher every time they come over. We didn't even get them a card. This just confirms that the love of a parent is like no other. Even after your kid stomps all over your feelings, you still love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know i should be leaving a comment that has to deal with what you talked about...but i feel like this is the only way to get ahold of you! im sick, and have no food in my frigde and you or mom haven't called me and i dont like not being chiquead......did i mention that im sick? k love you, steph p.s dont forget that im your birthday present and now i feel like you grew outta me....i feel like the toys in toy story that get tossed out by the new toy in town...yea im woody and aurora/job is buzz lightyear

Anonymous said...

suck up :-)

Lizzie W. said...

Correction: SHAMELESS suck up. :)

Lunatic Biker said...

I have your in-laws wedding picture on our dining room table. I'll mail it to you with some uniform shirts for my godchild.