Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cuteness


Whenever I cook, I sit Aimee down on the counter. Usually she watches me while she counts out the fake cookies into her blue cookie jar, or she stacks the cups or tupperwear in the drain. She likes to be my little taster as I chop up the veggies or make sure the spices are right in the chili.

Now, my daughter may LOOK Latina. But yesterday she proved, once again, that she can be STRAIGHT UP POLISH. I chopped up an entire onion and green pepper and put them side by side in a bowl while I got everything else ready for the chili, and the little girl decided to sample the raw onion. I stood by and watched her reaction, thinking that I'd get to see her make a funny face, or that she'd spit it out, or that her eyes would water. What did my daughter do? She reached into the bowl and repeatedly ate FIST FULLS of onion and green pepper until I took it away. I'm not kidding people. She actually made a small dent in the bowl before I took it away and she CRIED and threw blueberries at me when I offered her those instead.

At night when Brian and I went to change her diaper we caught a face full of onion breath. Po-lock.

6 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

Seems like I remember Uncle Paul eating the better part of a whole onion and a whole stick of butter once.

Lizzie W. said...

I think he still likes to dip into the sticks of butter every once in a while, but it has to be pure cream french butter from Whole Foods, otherwise, he won't touch the stuff.

Sandra said...

My twin sister used to take chopped up onions along on car rides as a snack when we were 4 or 5. It was crazy!

Anonymous said...

Someday you'll enjoy the taste of frsh ground peanut butter, until then be satisfied with the chemically enhanced Jiffy found at your local Dominicks.

Lizzie W. said...

OK. Onion-Peanut butter breath. ;-P

Yoli said...

Hey Liz,

Just wanted to mention again how much I enjoyed watching Aimee last
night. She's so cool to be around now that she's learning new stuff and expressing herself in different ways. Last night, she wanted to put all the blocks into the box neatly. There was stray block she couldn't find and got a bit huffy, being able to only say , "Tia. Tia. Tia." in a tone that communicated "I can't find the other block." Once I figured it out, we were good. I still can't get over hearing "I'm sure." So cool!!!